Sunday, January 18, 2015

Truth 1.2 --- Psalm 25:4-5

This past week's verses for my Documented Faith group were Psalm 25:4-5. My Facebook friends know I love the Psalms and post a verse almost every day! Reading a chapter a day for most of the last two years (since starting my cancer journey) has been the best encouragement! So I was especially excited to see these verses!


Just a little bit of background information on Psalm 25 from The Treasury of David by Charles H. Spurgeon. (This might be my new favorite book!)

This Psalm is an acrostic in the original Hebrew language. Each verse begins with a letter of the Hebrew alphabet in order. Wouldn't it be great to know Hebrew and see the alphabetical song?!?!

David was probably older when he wrote this Psalm as he pleads that God not remember the sins of his youth. He most likely wrote it during a time when Absalom was against him.

I love that David is still asking God to guide and teach him. May the desire of my heart be for God to show me His ways and teach me His paths... to guide me in His TRUTH and teach me... because He is my God, and my hope is in Him. 

Send forth Your light and truth
let them guide me; 
let them bring me to Your holy mountain, 
to the place where You dwell.
Psalm 43:3

But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, 
He will guide you into all truth.
John 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment