Wednesday, July 2, 2014

No Suspicious Findings

Those three words may not mean much on their own, but in relation to a CT scan report after having cancer, they are AWESOME words!!! My one year follow up CT scan shows no lymphadenopathy and NO SUSPICIOUS FINDINGS! Praise God!

My doctor said I'm doing great and my blood work is perfect. I go back in 6 weeks to get my port flushed and then 6 weeks after that (3 months) for blood work and follow up. She said the best thing I can do right now is exercise. So... maybe if I put that on my blog, it will help me stay accountable!

However, I've had some issues with exercise... like two cracked ribs in May after cinching a saddle on a horse. No, I didn't even fall off the horse or anything heroic like that. My x-ray showed some arthritic changes and weakness, so I had a bone scan. I'm considered osteopenic and started on Prolia injections. Just by product of chemo and forced menopause. Good grief.

We have a disc golf course that starts across the road from us, so we've been playing 2-3 times a week. A few weeks ago while helping Daryl look for his disc in the woods, I unknowingly got into poison ivy. I ended up with it on my forehead, left cheek, neck, and shoulder, and my right arm. Not pretty - especially when it started swelling in between my eyes! I finally went to the doctor and got a steroid shot and Prednisone. I was really trying to avoid all that, I mean I survived cancer, so surely I could survive poison ivy. Oh well. At least now I know what poison ivy looks like!

And there are so many ticks and chiggers... 

So my plan is to exercise and eat healthy, rejoice in "no suspicious findings," and pray for others waiting for those same words!












No comments:

Post a Comment