Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thankful November: Days 1-11

Okay, this year I've decided to do the Facebook Thankful November thing and post something I'm thankful for each day. Let me just say, 30 days is not enough! I have sooooo much to be thankful for, it's almost ridiculous!!! Some are serious and some are light-hearted... just depends what was happening on any given day.

I was going to save all 30 things for one post at the end of the month, but when I add song lyrics, it gets a little long!

Day #1 - I'm thankful to be alive!!! I know that sounds cliche, but after this year, it's where I'm at!

Day #2 - I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who has been the glue this year and my biggest cheerleader!  

Day #3 - I'm thankful for my four kiddos! They have handled this past year amazingly well. They encourage me and take great care of me...and only laugh at me a little! 

Jenifer and Jordyn
Jessika and Jenifer (again)
And they love taking goofy pictures for me to find on my camera...which I'll post for the world to see!

Day #4 - I'm thankful for my parents who raised me to know and love God and for my sister who has been a faithful friend!

Day #5 - I'm thankful for my in-laws who love me like their own!

Day #6 - I'm thankful for those seemingly small blessings that are really HUGE! Like my fan at work, because dressing for the temperature outdoors does not make it comfy during my hot flashes while indoors! Thank you, chemo...

Day #7 - I'm thankful to only work until 3:00 on Thursdays!!!

Day #8 - I'm thankful we finally finished Jarod's 1,993 piece puzzle! Yes, we're missing seven pieces of our thrift store puzzle. Now, to glue...or not to glue...


Day #9 - I'm thankful for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and its research efforts to find cures for blood cancer (like the Rituxan that was part of my treatment). - You can still donate to LLS through my Light the Night Walk link in the sidebar!   

Day #10 - I'm thankful for my wig and make up! I didn't want to look like I was sick and an obvious cancer patient - although I have one picture of myself with no wig, no make up, and no glasses on a day I was running a fever and felt awful... and I looked awful... No, you will not see that picture! Yes, I'm thankful for my wig and make up!!!

Day #11 - I'm thankful for Christian music! November 11th was a bit emotional remembering my dad who passed away four years ago, thinking about our freedom on Veterans Day, and reflecting on our journey this past year. Never Once came on K-LOVE and sums it all up perfectly.

Standing on this mountain top
Looking just how far we've come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us
Kneeling on this battleground
Seeing just how much You've done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
Every step we are breathing in Your grace
Evermore we'll be breathing out Your praise
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
It's true, You are faithful, God You are faithful

Never Once
performed by One Sonic Society
written by Jason Ingram, Matt Redman, Tim Wanstall
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment