Thursday, August 1, 2013

Light the Night Walk

A big fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is their Light the Night Walks that take place across the country. We went to Tulsa's kick off dinner/program this week and learned more about LLS and the Walk. Our family is walking on October 19th at the Oklahoma Aquarium because, well... I now belong to a special group of people touched by blood cancer. We invite you to join our team or donate and help us walk to the end of cancer! You can donate by clicking on my fundraising page on the side, or you can visit our team fundraising page here.

I was blown away by some of the survival statistics shared at the kick off that have increased drastically just in my lifetime. LLS has been instrumental in research and funding with the goal to end blood cancer. Wouldn't that be amazing!!! Besides being a great educational resource and advocacy group for blood cancer patients, their research and funding have helped develop the targeted bio-therapy that was part of my treatment plan. Rituxan was approved for treatment in 1997 and has contributed to doubling the survival rate of non-Hodgkin lymphoma patients - like me!!! It's sobering to think that if I had been diagnosed in the early part of our marriage... or even after the birth of my first two children... the outcome may have been different.

When you watch this video, picture me holding the sign - RESEARCH SAVED MY LIFE!




Please donate here!





No comments:

Post a Comment