Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Anniversary

Today is our 25th Anniversary. Wow - we're getting old! It's been a great time of celebrating. We're celebrating 25 years of marriage and celebrating life and health after a scary year! 

Here's a picture on our wedding day... 

August 13, 1988
 
And here's a picture of our anniversary weekend get away...

August 9, 2013

We haven't aged a bit - HA! It was so nice to get away for the weekend and just relax! We went to Medicine Park, OK and stayed at the Stardust Inn. We had a great time doing nothing! The innkeepers are long-time friends and totally spoiled us. We loved sitting in the rocking chairs on the back porch that overlooked the grounds and the river. And our room was named Good Medicine - how fitting! 

What a blessing to be married to my best friend. Although this past year was not what we ordered, it's been a joy to go through the journey together. God is good!

God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
For when I think I've lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me you

On my own I'm only
Half of what I could be
I can't do without you
We are stitched together
And what love has tethered
I could never undo

~ God Gave Me You by Dave Barnes

1 comment: