Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Showers of Blessing

I was showered with blessings this past weekend! I was able to see our oldest daughter perform in Singin' in the Rain - the spring musical production at Ozark Christian College (occ.edu). It was a wonderful show! But more special than the show was that I was there, feeling great, and able to watch my daughter! She got the lead role of Kathy Selden the same week I was diagnosed with NHL. That week was definitely a roller coaster of emotions. I think we were all wondering if I'd be able to attend the show.


Jordyn - aka Kathy Selden

We were also blessed to have family come from Illinois, Kansas, and Oklahoma to see Jordyn in the show...and I'm sure to also see the rest of us! Another blessing was reconnecting with some sweet friends from our college days at Ozark Christian College and our young married days in Joplin, MO. An Ozark friend (going through her own cancer journey) gave me flowers and had the cast, crew, and orchestra sign a card for me. That's a lot of sweet autographs! I love how our family and friends are the hands and feet of Christ to us! God is good!!!


Flowers and Autographs


From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.
~ John 1:16


No comments:

Post a Comment