Saturday, May 4, 2013

Project Life - My Way

This isn't a typical cancer update, but it still has to do with my journey. Before I knew about my swollen lymph node, I was working toward finding a better way to document our life and actually scrapbook. Project Life (beckyhiggins.com) is a way of keeping a scrapbook by using divided page protectors and keeping a two page spread per week. Well, there's no way I could keep up with that! So, after searching the internet for ideas, I decided I could maybe do a two page spread a MONTH. Also, I'm using an 8 1/2 x 11 album instead of 12 x 12. My plan was to create at least one page using My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up! (stampinup.com) and then a divided page protector for smaller elements. I picked up a package of baseball card page protectors and other supplies, made my own planner so I could keep track of things in one place, and was ready to go.


The front - SU paper and Verve stamp


The front cover with pocket


Month at a glance


Week at a glance for notes

Then my mom noticed the lump in my neck and life got turned upside down. Project Life took a back seat to doctor's appointments, needle biopsy, surgery, oncologist visits, port placement, scans, and chemo. Once things settled down and we knew what we were dealing with, I got motivated to work on January's layout - only three months late :) I did one page digitally and one page with the baseball card dividers. It was fun and good therapy!


My Project Life - January 2013

Once I finished January, I was excited to keep going and started on February. I love that I can use whatever style I want and it's okay - digital, page protectors, or whatever. There's hope that I can keep up with this and actually finish a scrapbook :)


My Project Life - February 2013

Since this has already been such a crazy year, I want to have something to look back on and see all the GOOD things that are happening. Just like God told the Israelites over and over to teach their children what He had done...

...we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonders He has done.
~ Psalm 78:4b





No comments:

Post a Comment