Friday, May 17, 2013

Accentuate the Positive


I'm over half way through my chemo treatments and thought it would be fun to list my side effects (the negative) with what is positive about them. There have just been minor changes since my "Blue Book" post (see here). Decreasing the Vincristine dose has taken away the intense jaw pain and abdominal pain. What a blessing!


Stomach/Digestive issues - indigestion, burping, heartburn, and constipation

POSITIVE: I'm not puking!

Mouth/Nose - cotton mouth with a weird taste and hypersensitive sense of smell

POSITIVE: I'm not puking!

Headaches

POSITIVE: Tylenol...and I'm not puking!

Aches and pains with skin sensitivity

POSITIVE: Only lasts two days...and I'm not puking!

Hair loss - with thinning eyebrows and eyelashes

POSITIVE: New hair style and better shaped brows (thanks to eyebrow shadow)!

Skin - dry, flaky, and itchy

POSITIVE: No shiny face by the end of the day!

Nails - brittle, ridges, and quick line is receding

POSITIVE: No pain when nails break past the quick!

Lack of energy

POSITIVE: Naps!

The biggest positive of all: I'M NOT PUKING!!!


So, those are my minor side effects from chemo. It will be interesting to see if there are any long-term effects. I really have nothing to complain about and am VERY blessed! I know I've mentioned this before, but the prayer support we have is INCREDIBLE! I'm sure that's why I'm doing so well!!!


Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.

~ Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment