Friday, May 16, 2014

in the GAP

Since cancer is now a personal reality for me, I am drawn to others in similar circumstances. Sometimes I really struggle with what I should do to help... especially my friends who are on their own cancer journey. Almost a year after my diagnosis, a 16 year old friend was diagnosed with an inoperable type of brain cancer. And this isn't her first fight with cancer. I feel so helpless, but I know the most important thing I can do for Amber is pray. 

I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one.
- Ezekiel 22:30


I may be totally off in my interpretation of this verse, but when I read it, it hit me that I have a wonderful opportunity to stand in the gap for others. I am so appreciative of those who have prayed for me during my cancer journey, and it's my honor to pray for others dealing with the dreaded "C". 

Over the next few months I began thinking about what I could/should be doing with my cancer experience, my desire to be an encouragement to other cancer patients, and my heart for God. One of my daughters painted this canvas for my birthday. She suggested I should do something that combines my card-making hobby with my desire to stand in the gap for others.


After some google searches, I discovered there are several ministries called "stand in the gap" or "standing in the gap" - I didn't want to use the same name. So I shortened it to in the gap... and then it hit me that the G-A-P could stand for God's Amazing Peace! I actually pray that for people - that they will be filled with God's amazing peace!!! It's settled. I'm making an organized effort to pray for and send cards to those going through tough times. I'm not exactly sure how it will all play out yet, but I'm at least starting it. My amazing husband created a Facebook cover photo and profile picture with the official name - in the GAP!


I'd love for you to check out the Facebook page here, "like" it, and share it. If you know someone going through a tough time, let me know through the contact me information at the top of my blog or a private message through Facebook. I'll post the prayer request on the Facebook page (with permission), send a card, and pray!

Let's make a community of prayer and encouragement so others can experience God's Amazing Peace!!!

The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
~ Psalm 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment