Sunday, February 9, 2014

So Now What???

In a way, I feel like my cancer journey is over...at least for now...with the exception of follow up appointments, port flushes, blood work, and scans. Well, okay, not completely over! So now what? What do I blog about? What do I think about? What comes next?

Our daily life is pretty much back to "normal" - but I don't want our new normal to be the same as before cancer. I don't want to lose my dependence on God to make it through each day focused on Him. I don't want to lose my new awareness of the importance of spiritual healing over physical healing. I don't want to lose the voice or platform I feel I've been given to be an advocate, especially relating to blood cancer. I don't want to lose the drive I have to be an overcomer and survivor. 

I feel like I'm on hold waiting for the next way in which God will use me. I have ideas, but I don't know if they are the same as His ideas. Mostly, I want to glorify Him in our journey - our journey this past year and our journey going forward. I'm just not sure what that looks like. 

I want to continue my blog (mostly for my own benefit), but I want it to have a purpose. If I'm not writing about chemo and hot flashes, what do I write about???

I want to minister to others going through cancer or hard times. I've already had several friends dealing with the nasty "C" - so I'm not lacking in opportunities. I want to do more, but what???

I want to stand in the gap for those needing prayer. Knowing so many people have been praying for us is overwhelming. It has shown me the importance of not just saying I'll pray for someone... but actually PRAYING! I no longer say, "I'm praying for you," if I haven't already prayed. 

I've recently reconnected with a friend I met when my oldest was in 1st grade. Our daughters were best friends, and we had lots of play days together. My friend is starting a Christian radio program for women in Costa Rica, and we're looking at ways that I can be involved. The language barrier is a big obstacle, but God is bigger! 

I'm excited to see how God might use me to write HIS story!



My favorite lyrics...


I'm an empty page
I'm an open book
Write Your story on my heart
Come on and make Your mark


Author of my hope
Maker of the stars
Let me be Your work of art
Won't You write Your story on my heart

 
I want my history
To be Your legacy
Go ahead and show this world
What You've done in me
And when the music fades
I want my life to say

I let You write your story...


Write Your Story - Francesca Battistelli

No comments:

Post a Comment