Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Opportunities

I had a great opportunity last night to share about my journey to a ladies group at First Christian Church in Siloam Springs, AR. They are ministry partners with Cookson Hills (cooksonhills.org), which is the ministry where we serve. They had a linen shower and presented our ministry with lots of new bedding, pillows, and towels. What a blessing! I was asked to represent Cookson Hills Christian Ministries and share my story.

If you know me at all, you know that speaking in front of a group of people is NOT in my comfort zone. In fact, the first thing out of my mouth when asked to speak was, "But I don't speak in front of people." Well, my friend/mentor who invited me to share is in a Bible study with me where we're going through Francis Chan's book Forgotten God. We had just finished meeting together where we challenged each other to look for ways the Holy Spirit was working in the next week. My friend ever-so-lovingly reminded me to just let the Spirit work! 

Those who have ever been in Bible studies with me know I can hardly talk or pray out loud without crying! So, as I prepared my talk, I prayed, and God answered. I spoke without my voice shaking and without crying. The power of the Holy Spirit is an amazing thing! I actually had fun!!!

We had refreshments after my talk, and guess what color the punch was??? LIME GREEN!!! No one besides my friend/mentor who invited me to speak knew what I was going to be sharing. At the end of my talk I explained my lime green jewelry. So when the punch was set on the table, everyone made a big deal about it. God is good!

I'm usually a behind-the-scenes person, but I'm not going to go through cancer without making the most of it. If that means giving my testimony in front of a group of people, then I'll do it. I'm trying to make the most of every opportunity to share what God is doing in my life. 

Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.
~ Ephesian 5:15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment