When I was first diagnosed with cancer, my sister sent me a Top Ten list of why chemo isn't too bad. Now that I've started my chemo and am actually bald, I've adapted her list a little:
10. People are really nice to me
9. Less time in the shower and getting ready
8. No more shaving
7. ...or plucking
6. No more coloring the gray
5. Save money on hair products
4. Fancy new scarves added to my wardrobe
3. Instant new hair style with my sassy new wig
2. No bad hair days or "bed head"
And the #1 reason chemo isn't too bad (besides KICKING CANCER'S BUTT)...
1. HEAD RUBS FROM MY SON AT BEDTIME!!!
There really are benefits to being bald! I've had fun with my new hair style and new glasses. I appreciate my family, friends, and co-workers who have been so encouraging and supportive. We're all just having fun with it the best we can!
A cheerful heart is good medicine...
~ Proverbs 17:22a