Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Most Unlikely

Do you ever feel insignificant? Or as if you're the most unlikely to make a difference? Welcome to my world.

I’m still trying to figure out what comes next in this crazy journey I’ve been on for almost three years. It's so easy to slip back into old habits when life isn't as tough as it had been. 

I want to dream big and do significant things for God, but I’m not sure what that looks like. And honestly, I feel a bit like the most unlikely to do great things. 

But I know that God didn’t bring me through the most wonderfully difficult experience of my life for me to return to complacency or remain stagnant.

So... what does God want me to do? How does He want me to encourage others?? To glorify Him???

I know fear and my own insecurities are big stumbling blocks. Talking about my cancer was easy. It was so tangible. It was there for the world to see, bald head and all. But knowing what to do now is scary and intimidating because it's not so in-your-face obvious. 

Wouldn't it be great if God painted a message in the sky that said, "Terri, I want you to ____________."

For now, I need to trust God while I continue...
  • blogging... and trying to expand my writing - especially since it's good therapy.
  • reading and learning... from God's Word, spiritual mentors, and inspirational authors.
  • praying... for friends who are on a hard journey and for God's revelation of how He wants to use me. 

I just listened to a snippet from Patsy Clairmont that is exactly what I need to hear:
"God chooses to use the most unlikely to accomplish things far beyond what they believe they can do... When we get our eyes off of what we're not and focus on who He is, it will make all the difference."

Linked to:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment