Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Soli Deo Gloria

To God Be The Glory! I was hoping to use that title in conjunction with announcing that I'm cancer free, but instead I'm using it alone, just for what it says - TO GOD BE THE GLORY. Period. That's what I want to do with this blog and especially what I want to do with my life.

The results of my PET scan were "EXCELLENT" according to my doctor! How can news like that be wonderful and awful at the same time? I'm excited for the excellent report and that my doctor is so pleased with the scan - so much that he didn't order any extra chemo. But I'm also a little down that he didn't declare me cancer free...yet... There were still some lymph nodes that glowed on the scan but not as many, not as bright, and not as big. The intensity of the glow on my first scan before treatment started was 17. Now the intensity is down to 2. Wow!

My doctor was concerned with one thing on the report and wanted to talk to the radiologist who interpreted the scan before making a decision about two more chemo treatments. He said if the radiologist had any doubts, then we'd proceed with chemo. His nurse called me and said the radiologist agreed it was an excellent report, so I'll follow up in three months! No more chemo!!!

I know that's great news, but the selfish baby in me wants to whine that Dr. McHam didn't use the words cancer free, cured, or even remission. I mean, I already bought a lymphoma survivor t-shirt! 


After a tiny pity party, I pulled up my big girl pants and decided I AM a lymphoma survivor because I'm still alive!!! I'm reminding myself of God's goodness and faithfulness and drawing strength from all the verses that have already brought me comfort and hope in this journey. In a weird way I'm glad that I still need to depend on God just like yesterday and the day before. It's too easy for me to become complacent when trials are absent. 

So our journey continues. And we look to God for our strength each day and strive to give Him glory in all things!

Surely God is my salvation; 
I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song;
He has become my salvation.
~Isaiah 12:2




No comments:

Post a Comment