Sunday, April 21, 2013

Healing vs Healing


A diagnosis of cancer has caused me to look at things with a different perspective. I've pretty much taken for granted that I'd always be healthy and some day die of old age. Now I don't think that way. I'm more aware that none of us knows how long we'll be on this earth. And although physical healing is what I'm praying for, it would  be meaningless without spiritual healing - salvation! A healed body means nothing if that's all there is. Thank God there's more! Jesus Christ is the ultimate sacrifice. His death, burial, and resurrection conquered death...conquered sin...and gives us eternal life. THAT is healing!

What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?
~ Mark 8:36 

The sermon at church today was on handling wilderness times. It went right along with what I've been learning the past several weeks.

God leads me to the wilderness so that I can learn to FOLLOW Him.

God lets me get hungry and thirsty so that He can SATISFY me.

God tests me so that I can become STRONGER.

God takes me to the end of myself so that I can begin anew WITH Him.

God is good all the time. All the time God is good. Some day I will have a perfect body and perfect health for all eternity. That is peace to my soul while dealing with struggles on this earth.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
~ 2 Corinthians 4:16-18


No comments:

Post a Comment